Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nine Months Old!!!

Ashton turned 9 months old while we were up in Montana! Unfortunately for him, he also caught a flu bug or something, because he had a little fever and a terribly stuffy/runny nose. The poor kid was absolutely miserable all day long. :(




Only Grandma could make him feel better.
(P.S. I like how he's wearing his bib like a cape!)



All of this, combined with the fact that it was very cold outside, meant that there were no 9-month-old pictures today. Sad, sad day.

Something funny did happen, though! My sister, Alexis, was downstairs with her friend, and they were watching Ashton for me for a minute. He fell asleep on the couch bed, so they put a little blanket on him and came back upstairs. I'm paranoid about him rolling off in his sleep, so I asked her to go back down and prop a pillow on each side so he wouldn't roll anywhere. They disappeared back downstairs for a minute, and then came back to say they did as I had asked.

Well, about an hour later I decided to check on him, since he hadn't even made a peep yet. I went downstairs, and this is what i found:


Yes, a two-foot-high, two-foot-thick WALL of pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals surrounding my sleeping babe. It was all I could do to not laugh out loud!



And where is Ashton? Waaaaaaayyy down in the middle. :)





Something about it must have worked, though--that kid slept for almost 4 hours!!! My Dad later told me that he'd been in the downstairs bathroom while they were building the wall. He came out just in time to see them finish. Here's the conversation that followed:

Dad: What are you guys doing?

Alexis: Mara said to put some pillows so he doesn't roll off. Do you think this is good enough?

Dad: Um. Yes. Yes I think it definitely is.


Hahaha!!! Way to go, Lexi!

No comments: