Saturday, March 13, 2010

My first job!

While I was in Montana I got my first photography job! Haha, well, not so much a job. And I'm not trying to be professional or anything, so that might be a little exaggeration. :) My Dad has decided to run for County Attorney of Ravalli County, and he thought that since I have my nice new camera, I could try taking some pictures for him to use in his campaign. I was quite flattered, because they would use them in flyers or the website or any number of other places (if they were good enough, of course), and I was nervous that I wouldn't do a good enough job. But I tried my best, and these are what we got.

The first round I did were just at home with a blanket behind him so that it would be a blank background and then they could photoshop him in front of anything he wanted.
I call this the Angel from Heaven picture. :) I think Dad looks great in this one, but I was trying to find a better way to blur out the blanket in the background. Obviously, this was not the best choice. Ha ha.

This one was just being funny. I told him he should be casual and shaking peoples' hands and stuff... :)


Since the first million I took were only from the waist up, he just had sweat pants on. It was stylin'. :)

Later we took some standing up ones for a billboard idea he's got. Obviously, though, they'd have to find a better graphic/photoshop person than me!


After this first photoshoot, we did a different one inside the county courtroom. I liked these ones the best, because I think his blue shirt looks cool with the yellow-ish room.




I don't know how (or even if) they're going to use the pictures I took, but I do know they used one! This is the flyer Dad and his people made for him! (The left side is what's on the front, and the right side is what's on the back.)


Even if my photos aren't all that great, my Dad really is. He will make the best County Attorney in the whole world, because he's honest and hard-working and he really cares about other people. If you live in Ravalli County, you should vote for him in November. I would if I still lived there!
This was just taken for a cute picture of Ashton with his Grandpa. I then needlessly photoshopped it, because I felt like experimenting. :)

1 comment:

Alycia said...

Nice job! I really liked the first one and the one of him standing with the blue shirt. I would vote for your dad if we lived in Montana, he's awesome! By the way, you're blog and new header are adorable! Nice job! Oh, and we get to see you in two weeks!!!