Thursday, March 4, 2010

Climbing Up and Falling Down

Now that Ashton loves to climb up on things he needs to learn the difference between something sturdy and something not. He doesn't understand that there's a difference between climing on something like the couch and climbing on the rocking chair, for instance. It moves, and then you fall. Poor kid has taken more than his fair share of spills lately for precisely this reason.


And sometimes, he falls even if the object he's climbing on is sturdy! I guess to learn balance you have to just keep trying, but there has to be an easier way than falling down over and over! That's how he got this lovely thing: his first shiner, by his left eye near the eyebrow. Tried to climb on the dishwasher while Daddy was doing dishes, and two seconds before Mommy could remove him he lost his balance. Poor baby boy!


Hopefully he'll learn soon, or I might have to start dressing him in bubble wrap every day!!!

1 comment:

lori said...

Oh, he's just DARLING!!!
I had to hop over here and say that we just watched Ever After the other night! I had totally forgotten about that movie (which I used to love in HS) until you mentioned it in your commet last month! I was so glad for the reminder AND glad you commented so I could find your darling family. Ashton is seriously so cute! I hope you're all doing well!!