Monday, August 22, 2011

Meeting Ashton

It was very convenient that Tristan was born in the morning, because everyone could come see him right away. The first visitors to come were my mom and Ashton. I couldn't wait for him to meet his new baby brother! Unfortunately I was slowly making my way out from the bathroom when they came in, and Tristan was laying in his bassinet right in front of them, so Ashton saw him instantly. Tyler and Mom both said that his face lit up and he smiled and said, "My baby." So sweet! And I was two seconds too late. I'm still kinda sad about that one. But it was fine, I still got to watch them get to know each other, and I was so happy that we were finally all together.

This is the first tentative kiss he gave to his little brother.


I love how his face looks so stunned in these first two pictures, like he's thinking, "What's happening here...?"


After a while, though, he warmed right up to Tristan.



And then he wanted to rip off the blanket and see if there was more to this kid than just a head.


He found Tristan's knees...


...and his fingers...


...and his toes...


...and then I think he was satisfied.


From then on, he loved him. He kept asking to hold him, and he kept trying to kiss him. The problem was that every kiss got longer and a little rougher, until he was practically suffocating the baby! Poor Tristan.


The final seal of approval: he shared his ball with him. Now that is love.


Luckily Tristan got a little reprieve from his loving big brother. Becky, Royce, and Bryant came to meet him! I'm glad Becky thought to ask Tyler to take a picture of her with Tristan. I was too out of it. I wouldn't have remembered. I didn't even think to get one of my own mother! (Although she is the one holding him in lots of the pictures.)


It's crazy how big Ashton suddenly looked to me!


It was nice to have so many visitors. (Carlton even came after work for a few minutes.) Tristan definitely won them all over!

No comments: