Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Doctor & The Farm

Today was my last doctor's appointment. I'm 38 weeks now, and if this kid doesn't come in 6 days, he will be forced out! We have an appointment to be induced on the 22nd, so one way or another, the end is near! I've been 3.5 centimeters dilated and 90% effaced for at least two weeks now, which makes the doctor continue to say, "Oh there's no way you'll still be pregnant by the 22nd!" But I know the truth. My baby's don't come unless something forces them to. I have contractions all night long, and nothing happens. I get my membranes stripped (TMI?) and it doesn't even phase me. So, oh well...

Anyway, while I was at my appointment, Grandma Becky took Ashton to the Thanksgiving Point Farm. He loves the animals, and I'm sure he's been dying to get out of the house, since I don't really go anywhere at the moment. I'm glad Becky offered to take him, and even more glad that she thought to text me a few pictures!

I guess this time he liked the cows and the ducks the best.


He also made a little friend by the duck pond!


I guess they waited in line for a long time to get a pony ride, but then when he got on it the pony sneezed or whinnied or something and then he was too scared. (Sounds like he's my child!) So he went and rode the toy tractor instead.


And after they were done he went home with Grandma to eat ice cream and wait for Daddy to pick him up. That way I got to do some things at home and rest a while, all by myself! Notice how he chose to play with the farm animals for the rest of the night...?


Thanks for the fun time, Grandma Becky!

No comments: