Friday, May 7, 2010

The Kids Next Door

For the past year that I've lived in our townhome I've been a total lame head. I've had some really awesome neighbors, and I barely even got to know them! Part of it is because I've become some kind of an overwhelmed recluse since having a child, and part of it is because I'm very shy and afraid that people won't like me. So that's why I never really got to know my neighbors, the Grimes family. I just watched their cute little kids from afar while I cleaned my house, rocked my baby, and blog-stalked my friends. (Am I making myself sound like a lame head yet?) Well, a couple of months before we moved, Jessica (the mom) had a little baby boy. I volunteered beforehand to make them dinner, but then I never even knew he was born until like two weeks later, so then I felt terrible! So I offered to take some pictures of him, since that's like the only other thing I could possibly think of to do. So anyway, here is the cute baby JD from next door:
Don't know why, but I think little feet are so cute!
This was his adorable blessing outfit. I love it!
Just when I thought we'd made it through without a single tear, the lip came out.
Gee, why is this reminding me of Ashton at that age...???
The pacifier made it all better. :)
My favorite part...the tails!!!
A few days before we moved I invited JD's three older sisters to watch a Disney movie at our house. (Good excuse for mom to take a nap and get something done!) I'd just taken Ashton's 1 year pictures, so my camera was on the table. They were so interested in it and wanted to take pictures, so I caught a few nice ones of them as well!
Zoe was the youngest until JD came along. She was so little when we moved in, it's crazy how big she is now!
Katie is the middle girl and so so sweet.
Hailey is the oldest and so outgoing. I love her hazel eyes, they are unreal!
Like I said...I love little feet!
Ashton loved having them come over and play with him, too.
I really wish I'd been more brave before we moved. Thanks for being such great neighbors, Grimes Family! We'll miss living next door to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is Virginia, your old neighbor. These pictures are so amazing! I only wish I had know you could do this and I would have asked you to take some of Eva. You are so talented!

Mara Hinton said...

Thanks Virginia! I just feel bad that I never offered. You had already moved before the thought occured to me. Sorry! Like I said, I was a lame neighbor... :)

Jess said...

These are so amazing!! I haven't taken the time to tell you before, and I apologize for that. You really have a knack for pictures. These are beautiful, I'm so grateful that you did this for us. I was a lame neighbor too, I really wish I would have come over and invited you to watch a movie like I said I was going to. Anyway, thank you so much!!