Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Heart BJ

For my Mother's Day gift, Tyler got us tickets to see Melissa Peterman at a comedy club in Ogden. I was SO excited, to say the least. I love love love her! For those who don't know the joy that is "Reba" (the show, not the person), I shall explain. The Reba show is the best thing ever! And Melissa Peterman plays Barbara Jean (aka BJ) on the Reba show. She is so so so so so funny, it is unbelievable. Katie (my fellow Reba obsessee) and I used to always watch this show, late into the night, when I got home from my mission, and we would say that she is Reba (because she's short and cute and sings well) and I'm Barbara Jean (because I'm tall and huge and crazy). So it was this weird inside joke we had. Now you understand why I seriously heart BJ/Melissa Peterman.




So anyway, she did a stand-up comedy tour and one of her stops was Ogden. And it was AWESOME! She was so funny I had tears streaming down my face! I seriously could not breathe. Tyler and I were sitting in the front row so she even came over to us during the show and was making jokes about us. She saw we were holding hands and said that we definitely couldn't be serious if we were still holding hands, but I told her we were married for three years and she freaked out...it was funnier when she did it, because I can't remember exactly what she said now. Sad day. Anyway, when she first came out, she was doing this crazy dance, and so I got out my phone to video it. When she saw I was video-ing she ran over and jumped on our table and practically danced on my face. My phone stopped after she jumped on our table, but here's the video--you can see her run over and jump on me at least.













The whole thing was just super funny and I was so glad that Tyler thought to get me the tickets for Mother's Day. What a great husband he is! After the show was over she came out to the sidewalk and was signing autographs and taking pictures. Of course we brought the first season of "Reba" on DVD for her to sign. And here is the lovely picture we took.




I also felt really bad that Katie hadn't known about it--and even if she had, it's so far away from her that she probably wouldn't have been able to come anyway. So I asked Melissa Peterman to just say, "Hi Katie Brown," really quick...but she just went off and off and it was too funny. I wish I could have seen the look on Katie's face when she got that video. She probably about died!



And yes, I know that Katie's last name is Cook and not Brown anymore, but I was a little starstruck and stupid at the time, so you'll have to forgive me. :) What a fun day. Thank you Tyler!!!!!

No comments: