Friday, July 2, 2010

Audra McDonald!

Some of you may not know who she is. Some of you may only know her as the lady on Private Practice. I feel so sorry for some of you. Audra McDonald has to be one of the best actresses on Broadway ever. And yes, she's done film and TV and things (you should most definitely watch her amazingness in A Raisin in the Sun), but I will always think of her as Broadway. She is the one on my Ragtime cd, and I always wanted to see her in something, someday. When I was on my mission she came to Salt Lake and did Christmas with the Tabernacle Choir. I'm pretty sure I cried, because I was several thousand miles away. But then Tyler found out she was coming to Orem to be in 110 in the Shade this summer!!! Well, we went to it, and it was honestly the best thing I've ever seen in my whole life. And that is not exaggerating. We even got to get her autograph on my Ragtime cd and a picture with her.
Pretty awesome. So awesome, in fact, that Tyler made us go back the next week to see it again! And most of me was perfectly glad to. Only the financially cautious side of me had a problem with it, but it turned out to be just fine. So anyone out there, if you get the chance to see Audra McDonald, do not hesitate--just do it!!! You will be really glad you did. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Who does she play on Private Practice? That's cool that you got to meet her anyway. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. How are things going for you guys? I hope you're doing well!

lori said...

Ah!! Look at you and Audra! That's so fun!!!!

We didn't get to see BSM when he came! The concert got bumped early and we couldn't work it in! I was so sad!!!!! Someday...

=)