Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flying Solo

Ashton wasn't supposed to start going to nursery until this past December, but I was called as a Nursery Leader, so he has been going with me since September. Unfortunately, even though I've been with him the whole time, he has not enjoyed it so much. He screamed and screamed the whole time and clung to me like a koala bear in a tree. It's only been a few weeks now that he has been brave enough to get down and play with toys, but he still keeps one eye on me to make sure I'm not going anywhere.

Well, this week my assignment has changed. Now I am the Secretary of the Primary, so I have a hundred things to do during class time, and I can't be in nursery with a clingy boy. I was so worried that he would freak out, but today I just dropped him off and left when he wasn't looking...and he did great! He stayed and played, and every time I peeked through the window to check, he was having a great time!


What a big boy! We're so proud of him! Hurray for the first day in nursery!

No comments: