Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Surprise: Answers

In case you're still wondering...my surprise is: the H2O World Tour!!! Basically a concert of Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker, probably the two best male country singers right now. Woo hoo!!! I am so excited!

Here's what all of those clues meant that Tyler gave me. (At least, this is what I think they meant!)

1) Salt and Pepper Shakers -- Salt is white, as is Brad Paisley; Pepper is black, as is Darius Rucker. And they dance a bit, hence the shaking.
2) Fresh Water Fish -- Brad P has lots of songs about fishing. And it's the H2O Tour...
3) Mixing Alcohol -- Brad P also has a few songs that involve alcohol. Not my favorite ones, but what male country singer doesn't have a drinking song or two?
4) Tie-required Event -- Ties with paisley on them are rather popular now. (I'll be honest, this is the only clue that didn't quite make sense to me...)
5) History Presentation -- Darius R has a song called "History in the Making," and Brad P has one called "Welcome to the Future" that also talks about history.
6) Greek and Roman -- The concert was at the Usana Amphitheatre. Classic Greek/Roman architecture.
7) Grass and Concrete -- There's lcots of grass and concrete at an outdoor amphitheatre...
8) 30s and 40s-- Darius R is in his 30s and Brad P is in his 40s.
9) Mud and Water -- Brad P has a song about mud ("Mud on the Tires") and a song about water ("Water").
10) Sewing Machines -- "Singer" is a popular sewing machine brand. Which is what Brad P and Darius R are. This is Tyler's most clever clue, in my opinion, and the first one I figured out!
11) Saturday Night on Friday Night -- Brad P has a song called "American Saturday Night," which would be sung at the concert on Friday night.
12) Chemistry -- Every good concert has plenty of pyrotechnics.
13) 12 to 12 -- It was an all-day extravaganza that required us to leave at noon and not get back until midnight.
14) Babylon in Zion -- They aren't Mormons, but they were coming to Salt Lake? I think. Not sure...
15) You Like, I Don't -- I like country music. Tyler does not. This is why he is my hero.

See how hard that was to piece together?! Man, Tyler is tricky, but he is also a saint. What husband would buy tickets to a concert he probably wouldn't like very much, just because he knew his wife would love it? A very good one, that's who!

No comments: